You could use up a lot of energy with all the gaming, dining, greyhound racing and sports betting waiting to be enjoyed. Fortunately, you can now relax right at Southland at our brand-new, high-rise hotel. We also offer mobility scooters to rent during your stay. At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
- A gleaming, blue-glass high-rise hotel along with a new, 113,000-sq.-ft.
- For Wolf, he said this massive expansion project is one of the highlights of 40-year career in gaming.
- While Southland has been made famous for its greyhound racing over the last 60 years, it’s been reported that the racing portion of the casino will be phased out in December of this year.
- This is because the bridge connecting the casino’s home city to the rest of Memphis, Tennessee, was closed for renovation.
- Unfortunately, there is no legal mobile sports betting in Arkansas.
I play the slot machines and usually end up winning. The last couple times I’ve won over $200 in just 1 day. At its opening in 1956, Southland became Arkansas’s only greyhound racetrack, following in the tradition of the earlier Riverside Kennel Club, which was the first greyhound track in West Memphis. The August handle, while higher than July’s, was well-below the $4.09 million handle at Southland in October 2020, one month before mobile sports betting was legalized in Tennessee.
Southland Casino Racing sportsbook opens ahead of Super Bowl
The drive south on U.S. 61 is pretty straightforward, and usually takes between 35 minutes to an hour. “Casino gambling begins today at West Memphis, Arkansas track”. The casino opens in April, though a hard date has not been finalized yet, and the hotel will open later this year.
In 2005, however, the Arkansas General Assembly passed Act 1151. It permitted racing tracks in the state to install “games of skill,” such as blackjack and poker or their video counterparts, if approved by their city or county. A majority of more than sixty percent of voters in West Memphis approved permitting such games at Southland. In the latter part of 2006, a renovation costing about $40 million was undertaken to accommodate increased crowds.
North Ingram Boulevard, West Memphis, Arkansas 72301
Large, nationally known resort-casinos mushroomed around Tunica until it became the third-largest gambling venue in the country, after Las Vegas, Nevada, and Atlantic City, New Jersey, drawing gamblers away from Southland. Southland fell on hard times, with daily attendance ebbing to about 500.
Southland is holding hiring events around the region, including Thursday in Southaven, Miss. Receive the latest gaming news and insight in your inbox. The initial Game Changer campaign raised $41,000 for Hope House Ministries. The second Game Changer campaign for Families in Transition of West Memphis, Arkansas, raised $47,604. The third Game Changer campaign raised $53,984 for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Crittenden County and the fourth campaign for the Children’s Advocacy Center of East Arkansas raised $47,051. The fifth campaign raised $46,427 for the Good Neighbor Love Center in West Memphis, Arkansas.
A gleaming, blue-glass high-rise hotel along with a new, 113,000-sq.-ft. Casino complex that is filled with 2,400 slot machines and 60 live table games. Plus, restaurants, bars, a parking garage and a VIP lounge. Also on property is a brand new, first-class, 300-room hotel with suites and 12 executive-level, presidential suites. The views and amenities are beautiful – all of this contributes to elevating the Southland guest experience to a higher level.
- Southland Casino Racing, owned and operated by Delaware North, features more than 1,500 slot machines, live blackjack, craps and roulette tables, live greyhound racing and simulcast wagering.
- In fiscal 2018, publicly-traded Tutor Perini reported full-year profits of $1.66 per share on revenue of $4.8 billion.
- The gaming floor is easy to navigate and locate the game of chance you wish…
- In March 2022, Southland, following the Arkansas Racing Commission adopting a rule to allow off-premises sports betting, rolled out a mobile sports betting app.
- This was a month earlier, before the legalization of mobile sports wagering in Tennessee.